Saturday, March 13, 2010

snuggle puppy

We feel very lucky to have two little snuggle puppies around our house. That's not just a term we made up - it's from the Sandra Boynton book "Snuggle Puppy," which has been the book of choice for the past few weeks at bedtime. Snuggle Puppy also has an accompanying song, and it's the kind of song that can get stuck in one's head for hours.... Erik loves that, let me tell you. Last night we were driving to Pita House to get take out and I found it quite funny that Erik and I, who weren't the kind of couple that sang to one another during our courtship and definitely aren't those married folks who just break out into song, neither of us wanting the other to have to cover his or her ears, were both singing Snuggle Puppy from the front seat, even occasionally taking turns on the lyrics, and then we regaled Anders with our version of the Dinosaur Blues. They say things change when you have a kid... but that statement continues to reverberate with each passing day. So.... both Anders and Halle have had a good week, but I have to say that we've had a few sleepless nights recently. Halle, who finally reached her due date on March 6, has awakened to the world and sometimes gets a tummy ache in the middle of the night. Last night was one of those sleepless ones. Whew. As a person who loves sleep, I find it strange that if I could somehow get six hours straight, I'd consider that dreamy. On days when I'd rather be sleeping, I find certain things to be a waste of time - showering for example. It just takes too much time and I could be taking a nap. Prepping dinner is another. I'd like to be Harry Potter and conjure Anders' meals instead of being a short-order cook (To be fair, Erik is often the short order cook these days as I tend to Miss H). But, in general this spring break has been a great one. Lots of family time and switching off with each child. I'll take him.. you take her.. and vice versa. Oh yeah, and Erik played two rounds of golf, so he's been mighty happy.

Anders finally, at 19 months, had his 18 month appointment, which we had to cancel just after Halle's early arrival. He was 34.5 inches or in the 92% for height and 27+ lbs. He's a growing dude and, while he didn't like the doctor too much, he tolerated the visit because we brought along several good snacks.

Here's the A-man himself with Smash getting ready to go outside on one of our glorious, recent sunny days.

Tummy time for a growing gal.
We received this super soft, luxurious blanket - with Halle's name and birthdate on it - from
Dr. Becca and Great Aunt Jayne. It just arrived on the porch one day and was such a nice surprise. Halle Cat loves being wrapped in it. We sure do miss Dr. Bec (Sri) up in Chicago and hope to see all of the Bedingfields soon.

Last Sunday, we kicked off spring break with some Barley's pizza at the house with the Mitchells and Cole. Here are all the boys - Anders, Kirby, Erik, Wes, and Cole. We were all proud of accomplishing dinner with four kids in the room! And, Wes and Anders definitely noticed each other more than usual and managed to almost fist bump one another.

Cole and Wes - they are big buds
We had a fun visit from my friend Jill from work. She brought us tons of adorable little girl things and a delicious dinner. Such a treat. And, with four kids of her own, she a natural at holding babies!

No comments: