Tuesday, February 23, 2010

babyland

So.... life is a bit nutty around here with two kids (How do big families do it??) but we are all doing well. We're all thankful that Halle has continued to be a chill baby as we adjust to our "new normal" life. I can tell that I'm a body full of hormones swinging up and down, as most women are just after having a baby. My emotions sometimes run wild as they did the other morning on the way to Target. It was early on Saturday and Anders needed an outing, so we hopped in the Camry to go refill our wipes supply. As we were driving along listening to The Wheels on the Bus, I glanced in my rearview mirror to see a toothy, grinning toddler, looking at me with complete adoration, and I got tears in my eyes. He seems so big in comparison to Halle, but it wasn't that long ago that he was the little one snuggled up in the crook of my arm. The not-profound "time passes so quickly and they grow up too fast" passed through my mind. I don't ever want to forget that grinning toddler in the backseat and how much fun we have. Yet, I don't want to constantly yearn for the past when he's a 16 year old. It's just life, right? We have to enjoy each of these moments as they arise and occur. I know, though, that I will be sentimental as the years pass by for these days of little ones as crazy as they may be. They are irresitibly cute and adoring, making a mom and dad feel as if they are superheroes. I imagine my mom still remembers me as the happy, carefree toddler, and my grandmother remembers my mom in the same way.

Here's the Dad with his two kiddos.

Anders says "hi" when he sees the baby now and waves at her. He also tries to kiss her, or pat her a little too roughly when she's in our arms.I love this picture of Wes hugging Anders at the Furman lake on Sunday. It was our prettiest day in weeks - sunny and 65 - so the whole family went for a walk and met up with the Mitchell family. Wes is a year older than Anders and they are becoming buddies. He gave him the biggest hug! Will this photo be blackmail later?This is the stroller train, Kirby pushing Wes pushing Anders pushing Maris.
Fun times at Furman.
I love Anders' still-chubby baby legs and body. Hope they don't go away too soon.

Halle has had lots of visitors recently - now that she is over 6 lbs! Here is our wonderful babysitter Blanca holding little H.
Aunt Angelica
Well, not really a visitor - more of a live-in family member!! Mama C giving a bottle.
Uncle Steve O came to meet "itty bit"
Here's David Gandolfo meeting her for the first time.... he will have a new baby tomorrow!! Liz has her C-section on Friday.
Tess was supercute with Halle - very interested in her small hands and sounds. She gave her a big hug. Here she is with her mom Liz who is 39 weeks along and looking great!
The little one snuggled up close one night.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great blog post! I noticed Penguino made it into 3 pictures. He seems to be adjusting well, too.

Carl said...

Looks like Penguino could be like the pineapple hidden in every episode of Psych.