Sunday, November 15, 2009

Birthdays

So, I turned 31 last week, and it was truly one of the best birthdays yet. I didn't have huge expectations for 31, but the day just ended up being fun all the way through. Every year I'm amazed at the outpouring of affection and well wishes from friends around the country, and it reminds me to do the same for others. Facebook, for all of its good and bad, can make a person feel like queen for a day, with a thousand birthday wishes. I had the cutest cat cake, with the now famous cat, and unfortunately we forgot pictures before we dove into the icing. But, it was a delicious cake extravaganza. Blue icing and all.

My sweet husband bought me two dozen beautiful roses to celebrate the day. He was incredibly busy on my bday but somehow managed to pull off flowers and a nice dinner out. Plus, we got tickets to see Wicked in January!! And, Anders loved helping me celebrate by munching on some cake and dancing around the living room.
So, do I look 31? If the answer is yes..... might I recommend a white lie?

No comments: