Sunday, March 15, 2009

trouble is a'brewing

Faux-standing at his music table.

So, at some point in the past week, Anders chances of making cheerleader went WAY up. I'd compare his changes in the past week to something like transitioning from a labored round-off back handspring in slow motion to a smooth and effortless standing back tuck. In other words, he went from a slowmotion chug-a-chug-chug rollover to the impressive double roll right, double roll left, perfect landing. What did that mean? Well, it meant that I haven't had to learn the hard way yet, and I hope I never have to... BUT
a) in two seconds he had rolled over to the computer power cord and was trying to put it in his mouth
b) he ended up 1 cm from Rob's stone fireplace
c) he managed to snuggle up to a purring Smash and tug on his whiskers
and
d) he came dangerously close to the edge of his parents' king-size bed in what seemed like a nano-second.
In other news, our perfect sleep solution - Anders sleeps in his own bed until he wakes up at 3 or 4 and then comes to bed with us, sleeping soundly and comfortably until 7 - is no longer. We thought we had hit on the magic bullet. A good combination of sleeping alone and sleeping all night! But, wait, just when a pattern has formed, it's gone. One night the prior description occurred as it had for about 30 nights before it, and then suddenly, the next night, we had wiggle worm extraordinaire in bed between us. Rolling, shimmy-ing, spinning in horizontal and vertical pathways, grabbing faces, grunting. Need I say more? Perhaps an anomaly or mom drank too much caffeine? Nope, the phase has passed. We've tried this on 3 or 4 nights now with the same result, so Little Mr. Energy is now staying in his own bed for the whole night. Independence being asserted at such a young age? I'd say so!

No comments: