Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Uno, Dos, Tres

This Blog update is long overdue. We've had lots going on -- much fun, and much on the medical front, and this is one item on the list I just haven't been able to get to. Anders is a chatterbox and Halle is Sweetness. We are excited about the upcoming Easter weekend and just trying to remain hopeful and believe in the power of positive thinking. The flowers have been incredible around here (we focus on that instead of the pollen), and the warm days have kept us outside for hours at a time. Parenthood is full of so many ups and downs -- but more ups for sure. We know lots of pregnant people right now and it's exciting to think of all of the babies on the way. Anders continues to say things that crack us up, and this continues to be my record of those things....
He is constantly saying things like "Glad to see you, Mom," "Glad you're back, Dad," "Like to have breakfast with me?" "Can I have that cookie NOW?" "WOW, Look at that Mixer (or Airplane or Roller," "I just waked up" (having not napped for a second), "Can I get out of bed?" as he slides over the rail, "Let's go to the new ice cream place" (said daily). He loves to "hug" Smash way too hard and run around in his underwear and pick flowers and kiss Halle and play with trucks in the mulch and rake and sing John Jacob Jingleheimer and dance and help in the yard.

The other day when I hurt myself in the kitchen, he came in running "Oh My Gosh, what happened?" he said. Then, "Oh noooo" when he saw my boo boo and ran upstairs to get his little stuffed bunny to kiss it. "Are you ok?" he asked very concerned. "Don't be sad, Mommy. It'll be ok."

He's very dramatic with his "EEEEEEEEEEE Hiiiiiiiiii Mom when I pick him up from school, grinning and laughing and squealing, and his greeting for Erik when he gets home from work is gleeful. He's been potty training and still wears diapers sometimes. Before going to the bathroom he always clarifies, "Do I have underwear on or a diaper?" I would think that is a pretty clear sign he should be trained.

Anders does not like when his mom speaks Spanish. Must have something to do with the southern twang version that comes out of my mouth. Sometimes I speak it just to annoy him. I know, bad mom. The other day I casually sang "Uno, Dos, Tres." He said, "No, Mom, Don't say thaaat. That's a BAD word."

He never wants to come inside and is constantly coming up with excuses to say outside. We were so close to the door the other day and he looked back wistfully at his trucks, starting to hedge in that direction. "Mom, My bulldozer's stuck. I probably need to go get it."

Here's Anders' adorable 2K class at First Pres. This is at their Easter party
Anders and Sara Spratlin look thrilled to be hugging
Sweet kiddos, though a bit blurry

It's been azalea season at our house and we only wish they would bloom a little longer. Anders has been helping Erik in the yard a ton -- picking up weeds, mulch, etc and enjoying it. Wait til he realizes it's work!
Slam Dunk.
This kid needs gloves!
The boys are raking

He also tried out his roller skates for a bit and wasn't too scared
Hold on tight

Miss Halle Cat is thriving in the warm weather and has been down on the floor playing lots. She looks like a happy little gal here.
She's getting so big. Easter girl.
Anders is ready to hit the whitewater
More azaleas....
distance view



Halle completely passed out on Mama C!
This is a hot look that we all need to try
The little Miss looks a lot like her brother here...
She's been teething like a champ and really likes having toys in her mouth to chomp on.

Rob and Annabelle, such a sweet sweet pup

Halle shoes!
Family photos are rare; Family photos that are half way decent are rarer.
Goofing off at the YWCA Dream Achiever luncheon
Whoa! A picture of us in the same place at the same time! Must be love.

No comments: