Friday, December 10, 2010

Jason Aldean

I failed to mention in my last post something that has really monopolized our life recently. We casually introduced Anders to Jason Aldean's song "Big Green Tractor." It was an innocent decision. Rob had suggested Anders might like it. At first Anders seemed mildly interested. Then, one day I found an unofficial youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q) that set the song to rolling images of tractors. Anders' interest grew. Then, I found a live version from a concert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H4ebn0BeSM), which we started watching and which features a drum set, something the A-man tends to like. We did not realize that an exponential equation was in the works. One or two viewings here and there turned into constant requests for "that green tractor song." We have not quite reached the peak but surely we are close. I DO NOT exaggerate, but we have been subjected to this song at least 500 times in the past days. Anders woke up crying from his nap yesterday saying "I want Jason. I wanna see Jason." In fact, here we are at one of our many viewings....

And, just in case you get tired of those two versions, thankfully there is a Chipmunk remix:

All of this reminds us of one of Anders' favorite people: Uncle Robbie, as he has recently called him. Once upon a time Rob listened to George Harrison's "Got My Mind Set on You" about 1000 times in a day, leading my Uncle Carl who was visiting to proclaim that he absolutely could not hear that song one more time. Just this morning Erik said the same thing about Big Green Tractor. I, on the other hand, and looking for a nearby Jason Aldean concert to attend.

1 comment:

Carl said...

I had totally blocked that George Harrison song out of my mind! Fortunately it has been long enough that the memory wasn't too traumatic :)

I'm glad Anders likes the Big Green Tractor. I've always had a soft spot for tractors, too.

Thanks, too, for the pix of Halle's room & chair.

Finally, give Erik a metaphorical pat on the back for me.

Uncle Carl